Monday, July 26, 2010

Week 28

Saturday:

A typical pre-outreach pep-talk.


Sunday:

Everything seemed to run like clockwork during pick up.

After arriving back at the church with the kids, and sending them off to class, I made my way into the sanctuary where service was already taking place.

I took my usual Sunday morning seat at the back of the sanctuary (since I would have to leave early to take kids home)......

scanned the crowd (because I am nosy like that)....

and could not believe how many parents of bus kids were there.

Now, this was just an ordinary Sunday morning service.

No special performance.

No promotions being advertised.

Not a Spanish service weekend.

and I was amazed....

as I realized that this is a regular occurrence at our church.

Today bus ministry reminded me of the story of the Little Engine that Could....just when you get discouraged and feel like giving up....you get a little glimpse of hope...and find the strength to just keep going....

No comments: